Hamilton County Sheriff
The mission of the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office is to protect and maintain the rights of all residents, to enforce the laws while deterring the fear of criminal persecution, and to promote strong moral values.
ATTENTION - Check out our current job openings here!
Duties of the Sheriff include but are not limited to:
- The Hamilton County Sheriff and Deputies are responsible for law enforcement in the unincorporated areas of Hamilton County. By contract the Sheriff’s Office is responsible for Blairsburg, Williams, Jewell, Ellsworth, Randall, Stanhope, Stratford and Kamrar.
- Have charge of the county jail and custody of the prisoners committed to the jail and shall provide board and care for prisoners in his care.
- Duties related to the civil process-including but not limited to original notices and petitions, garnishment, sheriff sales, protective and restraining orders, and subpoenas.
- Enforcement laws of State of Iowa and any local laws.
- Any and all other duties spelled out by Iowa Code Sections 331.651 thru 331.661
|Hamilton County Courthouse|
|2300 Superior Street, Suite 8|
|Webster City, Iowa 50595|
|Monday - Friday|
|8:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.|